GeneratePress Free vs Premium
Which is best: GeneratePress free or premium? Should you upgrade to the premium version? Read this unbiased review of both versions’ pros, cons, features comparison, and more.
Are you struggling with the decision between GeneratePress free vs premium? Don’t worry, we’ve got it all figured out for you!
GeneratePress is one of the most popularly downloaded WordPress themes out there today.
Currently, there are over 4.1 million GeneratePress downloads all around the world, and 90,000 people who are enjoying its benefits with a paid subscription.
Yet still, thousands of bloggers are lost in the confusion between GeneratePress free vs premium.
If you’re still unsure if the GP Premium upgrade is worth it or if the Free version will suffice, here are some comparisons we’ve found.
In this comparison, we find that
- GP free vs premium features comparison
- Pros and cons of both the versions
- Pricing of GeneratePress premium
- Support options and much more
So now, let’s go ahead and jump right into some details.[wptb id=615]
- GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Detailed Comparison
- What is GeneratePress?
- GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Features Comparison
- GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Pros & Cons
- GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Support
- GeneratePress Pricing: How Much Does GeneratePress Premium Cost?
- Whether to Pick GeneratePress Free Or Premium Theme?
- Top 3 Reasons to Upgrade to GeneratePress Premium
- General FAQs | GeneratePress Free vs Premium 2022
- Final Thoughts for GeneratePress Free vs Premium
GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Detailed Comparison
What is GeneratePress?
GeneratePress has become one of the most popular themes amongst WordPress users. It is lightweight and can be customized easily without interfering with its performance.
It’s the perfect WordPress theme if you’re looking for an efficient, SEO-friendly, and fast-loading website.
GeneratePress offers a wide variety of top-notch features including responsive design, different color schemes, and an extensive set of customization settings.
The theme works with all types of e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce, bbPress, and BuddyPress – both free & premium ones alike. It also can be used in combination with the most popular website builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, and others.
GeneratePress offers both a free and paid version.
GeneratePress comes in two forms, Free and Premium. The free version of GeneratePress is available for anyone to download and install from the WordPress dashboard. However, if you purchase the premium versions of this theme- then you will be able to use all the features that come with it.
How to Quickly Install GeneratePress Theme?
The best thing about GP is that it takes less than 5 minutes to install and can be done in a few clicks on WordPress.
Here’s a quick guide on how to install GeneratePress without issues on your WordPress website.
Once you’re logged in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate over to Appearance > Themes in the left-hand side of the page.
Then, go ahead and click on the Add New button that appears at the top of your screen.
“GeneratePress” can be found in the search bar if you want to get it for free!
Click the Install button and activate it. You’re all set up now!
GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Features Comparison
Which features does the free and premium version offer? Find out below.
GeneratePress Free Version Features:
- Mobile responsive
- Lifetime free access
- Basic support
- Use on unlimited sites
GeneratePress Premium Version Features:
- Access to block-based theme builder
- Copyright control
- Archived columns
- Provides site library
- Premium modules
- Priority support
- Advanced layout system
- Overlay off-canvas panel and much more
What are you waiting for?
If you’re interested in finding out more about GeneratePress, we recommend reading our unbiased theme review article where you’ll find exclusive information on this topic.
GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Pros & Cons
What are the benefits and disadvantages of getting GP free and getting GP premium? Let’s compare them side-by-side.
Pros & Cons of GeneratePress Free
GeneratePress Free Pros:
- GeneratePress is fully responsive across all devices
- You can install the free version of this theme on unlimited websites and use it for a lifetime.
- GeneratePress is an elegantly designed and user-friendly responsive WordPress theme.
- Compatible with all major page builders
- The free version is also SEO-friendly
GeneratePress Free Cons:
- There are so many limitations when it comes to customization with the free version. This includes things such as the site library, modules, elements, and more.
Pros & Cons of GeneratePress Premium
GeneratePress Premium Pros:
- You can use the GP Premium Theme on up to 500 sites, including your clients’ sites.
- Get access to the Site Library and explore pre-made websites for every occasion.
- Access to theme builder
- You can design and customize the different parts of your website through theme builder!
- You can use the Import/Export features
- Get priority support for any issues related to the theme and its features.
- You can Remove GeneratePress Copyright branding from your website.
- Child themes will always be supported
- WooCommerce Integration
- Unlock all of GeneratePress’ awesome features
- You’re covered with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Your website will be mobile-friendly, lightweight, and SEO-friendly!
- GP Premium has extensive documentation
- The prices are really low when you compare them to other similar products. You can start out at $59 a year or just a one-time payment of $249 if you want lifetime access!
GeneratePress Premium Cons:
- There is no other because the premium version is worth every penny.
GeneratePress Free vs Premium: Support
Both versions come with support options, so let’s find out what type of support you’ll get in GP Free vs Premium.
GeneratePress free support
GeneratePress provides free support in the WordPress forums where you can get answers from the developers or other GeneratePress users.
The customer service has been quick and responsive.
GeneratePress provides free support via this WordPress forum page.
GeneratePress premium support
If you’re willing to pay for a Premium Membership, you’ll have access to exclusive features that are not available otherwise. Such features include the ability to support team directly from within your GeneratePress account so all of your data stays secure and private. Plus, offer assistance through an exclusive community on this website–a feature that isn’t available through WordPress’ forums.
On the Premium Support Forum, guarantee you will get fast responses. This link will take you to our Priority Support where you can ask GeneratePress questions and receive answers within minutes!
All in all, GP themes offer superb customer service for both free as well as premium theme users. However, there is an added incentive for those using the paid option – they are able to contact the developers quicker than those who use the free version of the themes.
GeneratePress Pricing: How Much Does GeneratePress Premium Cost?
GeneratePress premium has two different packages available for purchase.
No.1. Yearly plan: If you’re interested in saving some money, GP Premium can provide you with an affordable alternative. For just $59 per year, you’ll receive the following benefits.
- Access to all premium features
- Full access to the Site Library
- 1 year of updates
- Use theme on up to 500 websites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
No.2. Lifetime plan: If you’re looking for an affordable but life-long membership to GP Premium, then this is the right deal. One time payment of $249 gets you all of these features included with membership:
- Access to all premium features
- Full access to the Site Library
- Lifetime updates
- Use theme on up to 500 websites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
So what are you waiting for? Get going now!
GeneratePress offers a full refund up to 30 days after purchase. So go give the premium version a try, and see if you don’t find it useful – if not, we’ll gladly take your money back!
Whether to Pick GeneratePress Free Or Premium Theme?
Should you get the free version or go for the upgraded package? It can be a bit tricky figuring out what would work best for you. There are some very good reasons to choose one over the other, but it can also depend on what exactly you need it for!
Pick the GeneratePress free theme:
- If you’re just starting out making websites and blogs, then it might be best for you to try out some free themes – especially if you’re on a budget. It’ll help save you from spending more money than what’s necessary.
- If you’re always trying out new trendy themes to find what works best for your needs.
- If you want a sleek, minimalistic website without too many flashy features or top-notch templates.
- Free themes are designed for beginners so they’re easier to use than advanced ones.
Pick the GeneratePress premium version:
- If you want a wide array of features and extras to make your website look professional.
- If you’re looking for an eye-catching and memorable way to design your website, GP Premium has access to the Site Library which provides a variety of themes that will suit all types of sites.
- If you’re looking for customizing opportunities without having to learn anything about code, then GP Premium may be right for you.
- With GP Premium, you will receive priority support and updated versions of the theme regularly.
- If you want to start making money online, remember it will take some cash upfront. Buying a premium theme like GP Premium is a great investment for your website because then you can spend less time worrying about design and more time focusing on content!
- Get access to different features, such as Head Tags, Posts related to the article in question, Author Boxes, Trending Posts, and much more.
- A premium version of GP offers a selection of elegant improvements such as improving load time, allowing for a seamless search engine optimization (SEO) experience and simplifying conversion rates. If you’re looking for all these features at once – then the GP Premium Version is worth every penny.
What is the bottom line?
GeneratePress is for those who want to start out without complex customization options and pre-made designs. There are 2 levels of membership available. The cheapest is just $59 per year, but the best value is found in the premium package which includes many features including one or two licenses, priority customer support and lifetime access at just $249.
Top 3 Reasons to Upgrade to GeneratePress Premium
Here are the top 3 reasons you need to upgrade to GeneratePress Premium
1. Site Library
GeneratePress Premium provides access to the Site Library which includes over 100 professionally made website templates for demos.
These demo sites will create just about any kind of website for you including:
- Portfolio sites
- Health & fitness sites
- Cryptocurrency sites
- Agency sites and much more
These are just a few of the FREE templates you can find when signing up for GP Premium
The free version does not come with access to the Site Library or pre-designed Website Templates.
If you are looking for a professionally designed website without expensive costs, upgrade to the premium package of GeneratePress.
2. Theme Builder
GP Premium allows you to build themes with WordPress’ Core Block Editor and GenerateBlocks plugin.
With the Theme Builder toolkit, you can create a variety of different layouts such as;
- Author boxes
- Single posts
- Creating custom post types
- Your website header, footer, logo
- 404 pages, etc
Using the Theme Builder, you can make an unlimited number of beautiful blocks for your website. These blocks are made with all mobile devices in mind, so they’ll look great on any website’s responsive design.
The best way to increase conversions is to use interactive call-to-action buttons that match your website design.
With Theme Builder, you can create your own website design without any knowledge of HTML or CSS.
Use the new Elements section to organize your blog posts quickly and easily.
Check out some of the design elements that are being used on the blog.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to build themes? Watch this 1-minute video.
Look no further than GeneratePress if you want to start an online store or integrate with WooCommerce.
Your website will look more professional with GP Premium Plus because it includes many customizations for WordPress themes, one of them being an add-on for WooCommerce.
Typography options, etc
You can find eCommerce templates in the Site Library of GP Premium.
You should take a look at this;
Overall, we found that applying for a GP premium plan is worth it if you want to promote your business with one of the best website builders out there. They offer many features such as customizing layouts and adding modules which are perfect for start-ups or small businesses who don’t know how to code.
General FAQs | GeneratePress Free vs Premium 2022
To answer all of your frequently asked questions about GP free or premium, we’ve compiled a list below.
You can use GeneratePress for free but there are also premium versions available with all the great features.
GeneratePress has an easy-to-use interface with many layouts already set up for you. It is so light and fast, which makes it a fantastic option if what you want is something quick and simple.
You can remove the GeneratePress copyright from your WordPress website if you head over to the Footer section of the Customizer and customize it accordingly.
Buying GP Premium will allow you to use your license on up to 500 websites. Whether they’re for you or your clients, you’ll never run out of access to the features this amazing theme has to offer!
To start off, both themes are excellent. They’re both lightweight, fast loading, responsive and include many customization options. They’re pretty much equal from there- but if you want an easier layout to adjust then go with GeneratePress. If you want something more customizable then go for Astra Theme instead.
Yes, GeneratePress is compatible with the most popular page builders – Elementor, Beaver Builder, and more.
GeneratePress has an excellent refund policy. If you’re unhappy with the product, it’s possible to claim a full refund within 30 days of your purchase date.
Final Thoughts for GeneratePress Free vs Premium
GeneratePress has both free and premium versions, each of which has its own set of pros and cons.
Picking the right one among them ultimately depends on your website’s needs and budget. The best way to make this decision may depend on what you’re trying to accomplish with your website.
If you’re a beginner, use the free version of GP Premium. But if you want to have full control and customization options for designing your site just how you want it, buy GP Premium. It’ll be worth every penny!
So, which of the two options do you think will work best for your blog? Do you have any concerns or questions? Let us know in the comments below!